Fatal Vision® Drowsy Distracted Goggles provide wearers with an experience of impairment from drowsiness or distraction while driving. The purpose of these goggles is to make people aware of their choice of activities while driving, and of the potential consequences of those choices.
The Fatal Vision® Drowsy and Distracted Driving Education Products Campaign Kit comes with Drowsy and Distracted Goggles, 8 specifically designed activities allow wearers to experience simulated impairment from drowsiness or distraction. Some course activities included are: “Drive-In Your Lane,” “Take The Next Exit,” “Navigate A Street To Get Home,” and “Watch Out For Brake Lights.”
How The Goggles Work:
The Fatal Vision Drowsy and Distracted Goggles are controlled and configured through Bluetooth using a mobile app on your phone or manually on the goggle.
You will choose one of three impairment modes for the Drowsy and Distracted Goggles:
- Mode A – Distracted Dial: simulates what could happen if someone takes his eyes off the road “just long enough” to dial a phone. Every three seconds, the goggles black out for three seconds.
- Mode B – Distracted Text: simulates the distraction that occurs when someone reads or responds to a text. The goggles black out for 4.6 seconds to simulate the amount of time a person’s eyes and attention are on his phone, rather than on the road.
- Mode C – Drowsy: simulates momentary micro-sleeps that build in waves until the eyes and brain shut down. The goggles black out beginning with a short half-second closure, and continue to black out for longer periods of time, progressing to a 10-second blackout.
Campaign Kit Includes:
- Fatal Vision Drowsy and Distracted Goggles with hard carrying case. Each goggle is covered by a 1-year Manufacturer’s Warranty *Each goggle requires a separate phone app and device for operation when using multiple goggles simultaneously.
- Stop/go paddle, arrow paddle, flex flyer steering wheel, course tape, timer, backpack, and in-app educational materials that include: six instructional videos, activity and user guides
- Distract-A-Match® and Fatal Reaction®
- DIES® Distracted Driving Mat with carrying strap
- The M.E.T.H.O.D.® (Mind Eyes Two Hands On Driving) Webcast Series will help your students create their own customized peer-to-peer campaign to promote distraction-free driving. The three-part training series serves as a step-by-step guide. Once you receive your Order Complete email, there will be link in that email to download your software. In addition, you can login to your account.
*Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.*
Download the Fatal Vision® Goggle app for free at the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.