The Fatal Vision® Alcohol Impairment Simulation Goggles are a hands-on awareness building tool that allows people to experience with a sober mind what it’s like to be under the influence of alcohol. Participants experience how alcohol impairs a person’s balance, vision, reaction time, and judgment. Simple activities with the Fatal Vision Goggles such as walking a line, one-leg stand, reaching out to grab a set of car keys, or tossing a ball become important “a-ha” moments as participants realize how susceptible they are to potentially dangerous consequences of impairment.
Fatal Vision is available in five impairment levels. These levels simulate the impairment associated with a particular blood alcohol concentration (BAC).
- Fatal Vision White Label Goggles – (estimated B.A.C. of < .06) Impairment begins with the first drink
The White Label goggle simulates a low level of impairment, an estimated BAC of less than .06. Studies show that even one drink will affect a person’s reaction time and their abilities. The effect of the White Label goggle will be subtle, as in the beginning stages of low impairment. An effective method of demonstrating the effects of impairment is to set up an activity course of multiple tasks and time the participant completing those tasks. Most tasks are short and routine in nature and the impairment may not be immediately obvious while performing just one task. When multiple tasks are required, the participant will likely slow down and may make more mistakes.
- Fatal Vision Bronze Label Goggles – (estimated B.A.C. of .07 – .10+) Legal limit of impairment
The Bronze Label goggle simulates a low to moderate level of impairment, an estimated BAC of .07 to .10+. Impairment is more apparent and easily recognized. At this stage of impairment, timing the activities may not be required to see the effect of impairment.
- Fatal Vision Red Label Goggles – (estimated B.A.C. of .12 – .15+) National average of DUI offenders
The Red Label goggle simulates a moderate to high level of impairment, an estimated BAC of .12 to .15+. Impairment is more apparent and easily recognized.
- Fatal Vision Silver Label Goggles – (estimated B.A.C. of .17 – .20+) Original Fatal Vision Goggles
The Silver Label goggle simulates a high level of impairment, an estimated BAC of .17 to .20+. Impairment is obvious at this stage. Even simple tasks will be difficult to complete. If you are in a school, use top athletes demonstrating their skills, first without and then with Fatal Vision® to show that no matter how skilled someone is, they cannot overcome the effects of impairment to complete a task.
- Fatal Vision Black Label Goggles – (estimated B.A.C. of .25+) Binge drinking
The Black Label goggle simulates a very high level of impairment, an estimated BAC of .25+. Use this goggle to educate people about the risks of “Binge Drinking” or High Risk drinking.
Each set of Fatal Vision Goggles include a cleaning cloth bag and one printed Fatal Vision User Guide.
The safety of our customers and other users of our products has always been, and will continue to be, a top priority.
- Germicidal Disposable Wipes https://www.fatalvision.com/product/germicidal-disposable-wipes/
- Germicidal Disposable Wipe – Large Canister https://www.fatalvision.com/product/super-sani-cloth-germicidal-disposable-wipe/
- Fatal Vision Goggle Sanitary Mask https://www.fatalvision.com/product/fatal-vision-goggle-sanitary-mask/